☆★Welcome to Minesuke's house☆★

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My advice to the students who's going to go to Practice teaching

On Thursday, I took a Mr. M's lecture and it benefited me. On the basis of Mr.M's lecture, I think that there are many important points about teaching in the Junior high school.
1) Greetings
Mr. M's said the teacher who greet often is liked by the students. I think that is true. Actually, when I was junior high school student, I liked the teacher who greet cheerfully, and the teacher was attached by the students.
2)Talkings
Mr.M's said the teacher must speak to the students himself. Recently, the students who take practice teaching tend to wait to be talked by the students. So, the teacher must have the forwardness.
3)Common sense
Mr.M's said recently, the teacher is thought having no common senses by the people. I think that It's not always mistake. So , the teacher have to know those.
I think that the teacher need learn the important things as a human. The teacher who is estimable is liked by the students, and the class will succeed naturally.
I'll do my best of the practice teaching refering to Mr.M's lectures.

2 Comments:

Blogger aNne said...

i like what you wrote about being CONFIDENT and APPROACHING THE STUDENTS. im a teacher in America, but right now I am an ALT in Iwate. i can't believe how "shy" some of the teachers are!? teaching is like acting...every day we must perform in front of our audience. if we are "shy", our audience will lose interest and never 'come' to another performance! keep it interesting and they will enjoy it (and stay awake!) :) good luck to you!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Steve Jang said...

Hi. I'm an ALT in Iwate prefecture. I agree with the points Mr. M made in his lecture.

Greeting the students and getting to know about them is very important. It's also important for them to get to know you, too. There are so many opportunities for this during an English lesson. Why, just today in class I revealed to the students how old I am, and also my phone number!

Taking the initiative to talk to the students is also vital. Interacting with students shows that the teacher really cares about them. For instance, ask the tired or sleepy-looking students "What time did you go to bed last night?" It's small talk, but it shows more care than saying nothing at all.

And then there's common sense. Teachers must remember that, as far as the students are concerned, they are there to help the children grow as students and human beings. They are there to
push the students to succeed not just in school, but in life as well. And teachers are there to see that their students develop self-confidence in their own abilities. It's so important for their studies and their future as a whole. Tell them "You can do it!" and make sure you mean it.

Do your best, Minesuke!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home